Ever wonder if you should stay in your current position, or even stay with your current organization? Think you’re working for a “Really Bad” Boss… Well, let’s find out if you’re RIGHT; and if you Should STAY or GO.
Does your Boss have ONE or SEVERAL of these traits:
- consistently makes BAD decisions (or at least ones that YOU don’t agree with)
- is a MICRO MANAGER (I’ll talk more about HOW to SUCCESSFULLY MANAGE your MICRO MANAGING BOSS later…)
- never supports you or your team/peers
- is just plain old INCOMPETENT
- doesn’t even know what the Peter Principle is?
- let’s just say their TRUE personality is best described as the REAR END of a DONKEY (I think that translates to an “Ass of an Ass”)
- the list could Go on and on…
If any of these are true for you, then Congratulations, your in the perfect environment to GROW and IMPROVE your Leadership Style. Let me explain how you can benefit and get Leadership Training in the process.
Continue reading ‘Should I STAY or Should I GO…’
How to MEASURE your Success with your BOSS or LEADERSHIP
- When you present, or ASK for something do you ALWAYS get a YES or what you WANT?
- IF YOU ARE NOT GETTING A ‘YES’ you have more work to do.
- I believe you CAN always get a YES if the following are in place:
Continue reading ‘How to ALWAYS get a YES from your Boss…’
Refer back to BOX 3 (figure 1): Giving to Others. Activities in this BOX look like this:
This Box is completely opposite of the “ME BOX“, thinking or putting others FIRST, or at least BEFORE yourself.
Sharing what you have LEARNED so others can GROW.
MAKING OTHERS LOOK GOOD (this is KEY).
Developing your Successor so you can Advance in the Organization.
- Encouraging others
- Building them up in others eyes, changing perceptions.
- NEVER DO OR SAY ANYTHING to MAKE others LOOK BAD!!! It WILL come back to you in some way, plus it shows POOR LEADERSHIP.
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Romans 12:10 (NIV)
BOX 1(figure 1): Most people live, at least at work, in the “ME Box”. What does this look like:
Continue reading ‘How you should look at your Job…’
As in most things, the most difficult thing to address is how to START.
“Experts” have many opinions about this, after all they ARE “experts”. They will run the gamut from:
- PLAN, ACT, DO
- Form a Committee
- Discuss First with an Expert…
The list could go on and on. But, let’s get something perfectly clear. I am NO Expert. Just a nobody sharing with other nobodies what I have learned from SOMEBODY. You see, I believe that Wisdom comes from above, and what I mean by that is FROM GOD.
Continue reading ‘HOW TO START…’